Saturday, March 24, 2007

Matts - Nearly 6 Month summary...

What im looking forward to :

Seeing Parents & Friends...
Going to see United!
Driving my car again! and for that matter, getting a new car...
Enemy Territory...
British TV...
British Food...
Having a Fixed abode...
Sounds strange, but having some structure to the day again :)
Playing Football!

What im going to miss :

Lazy mornings, all week long!
Spending every second of the day with lyns...
Visiting a new place every few weeks :)
Meeting new people from all over the world...
Feeling free...
Having 2 Direct Debits ;)
Being called "Sir" everywhere...

Weather :

Lowest temp - Minus 4 degree Celsius = 24.8 degree Fahrenheit- New York, Dallas
Highest temp -45 degree Celsius = 113 degree Fahrenheit - Alice Springs

Pictures & Video :

Pictures taken since we left Chepstow Close, Stevenage - 5,119
Video footage taken -12 Hours

Lost / misplaced / Stolen items : (All mine, might I add)

2 Pairs of white 3/4 length socks
1 Pair of Black socks
2 x Boxer shorts
1 Diesal Baseball cap ! - The most expensive item, lost or nicked in china...

What we'd change about our travels :

Only one thing - Spend more time in China, Australia & New Zealand!

If it wasnt for United, where would I like to live & work :

China, Australia or New Zealand

Animal attacks :
1 - me, "situation" with an gecko lizard. Before you laugh - I have video footage of it coming at me, as I was holding the video camera at the time!
Moment I nearly laughed my tits off ;) :
Lynseys face during the Reverse bungy jump in Auckland, New Zealand - Again we have video footage of this, coming to a site called youtube soooon ;)
Nearly needing the hospital :
1 - me, "Situation" with a taxi driver in Sydney - Where he Attempted to break the 0-60mph record, with me having only 1 leg in the taxi. Still not amused...
Most Embarrising moment :
Being asked which room I was in, whilst requesting something from reception. Stating over & over & over again that I was in "1026", thinking they were simply not understanding me. Only for that to be our last hotel room number!
In a confused, yet superior tone - "But we only have 4 floors and 45 rooms, sir"..
erm, ill come back..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home